Reasons not to use google chrome

mrgcat

Google chrome is very good in speed, but rubbish in privacy.

It is a key logger:mad:
Shows adverts randomley ( more than any other browser):mad:
They keep a copy of all history (inc. passwords etc.):mad:

A browser similar to google chrome ( speed wise).
Is SRware iron. Has no tracking stuff at all.:D

Dropkickmurphys

I currently use chrome because of the speed/size of the page. I know it has had some issues with privacy, but im not too fussed about that, I do my most important browsing in FF.

I am looking forward to the FF4 release though, the beta is awesome (although it looks A LOT like Opera!)

mrRemz

Google Chrome was one of my favorite Internet Browser. Speedy + light. But, a bit frustrated on it's previous version. Sudden crash while surfing. Installation process also slow.

ScOuT

VIP Member
I tried Google for a month or so...it seemed to me that Google tried to take over my computer. I started getting emails from Google in my Yahoo account. I have no idea how they got it, I guess it got my email from me checking my Yahoo. Ads started popping up randomly, kind of like Amazon where it tracks what you look at and send ads and emails relating to what you look at. It also kept bugging me to sign up for a Goole email account.

Google = FAIL!

I didn't like it at all...I will never use Google anything again. I am using Opera and loving it.

lucasbytegenius

I tried Google for a month or so...it seemed to me that Google tried to take over my computer. I started getting emails from Google in my Yahoo account. I have no idea how they got it, I guess it got my email from me checking my Yahoo. Ads started popping up randomly, kind of like Amazon where it tracks what you look at and send ads and emails relating to what you look at. It also kept bugging me to sign up for a Goole email account.

Google = FAIL!

I didn't like it at all...I will never use Google anything again. I am using Opera and loving it.

Me too :D

Google Chrome ain't bad imo, it's just another option out there and a lot of people who got sick of IE and went to Firefox are now sick of Firefox and many are now going to Chrome.
It's my second favorite browser, I use it because sometimes when I'm forced to use GTalk in GMail Opera doesn't work too well :eek:

FF4 is looking good, but it still feels heavy to use compared to Opera, I like browsers that start up fast and don't make a show which looks like they are starting up quickly when they aren't. Loading the browser chrome up before the browser isn't my idea of starting up fast.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
I use chrome for all my browsing and I haven't seen any sort of ads or anything... Don't know what I'm doing differently.

Nanobyte

Chrome seems to have caused a form of verbal diarrhea in some users. It's become impossible to have a discussion about browsers or solve someone's browser problem in this forum, without someone telling everyone to use Chrome no matter how irrelevant.

lucasbytegenius

Chrome seems to have caused a form of verbal diarrhea in some users. It's become impossible to have a discussion about browsers or solve someone's browser problem in this forum, without someone telling everyone to use Chrome no matter how irrelevant.

Probably because Google can afford to put ads everywhere about Chrome whereas free software peoplez like Mozilla and Opera either can't or just don't.
I read somewhere though that FF1 was advertised in a popular newspaper when it first came out though.

mrgcat

evry1, I don't use google chrome, I like mozzila alot more, sometimes i use srware iron though. Which is Epic

C4Radon

How are you guys having all of these problems? I have had no ads, I changed my setting to not save any passwords. It's fast, reliable and Imo the best browser available today.