Recognition system

ian

Administrator
Staff member
The idea of activating the reputation system was mentioned, but that wont be implemented, because it allows people to make anonymous comments to others which could present itself as a problem.
The other option being discussed was awarding a title to those members who are clearly very knowledgeable on computers. Something along the lines of "Knowledge Expert" or "Computer Expert", a title which would appear under the LED rank system, where the word "administrator" appears in my rank.
Having the title of "computer expert" or whatever is decided would not carry any responsibility with it. You could easily turn off pms or emails so people dont bother you. It would be just a means of recognizing the valuable contributions of those very knowledgeable and helpful members here.
Who is awarded that title would be decided by administrators/moderators, usually only members with over 100 posts will be considered.
And people would be asked first if they mind having that title.
Any ideas on that?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
1. Good idea although I think perhaps the cap should start at 250 (at least i think that's where the third "rank" starts). That way, by then, the Mods/Admins will have had a chance to "get to know" whomever it is in question.

2. I dont know how the Moderator system is setup here but over at Afterdawn, the ranks of Senior, Addict and Moderator are handpicked (by existing Mods who take into consideration the suggestions and such of Seniors/Addicts). That might be something that could be implemented here.

3. Very kewl idea. One "yea" vote from me. And me. And me too.

:)

ian

Administrator
Staff member
1. that is a good point, ok it will be set at 250 posts.
2. There is currently only two admins and one mod, but yeah everything is decided on a majority vote policy. Hopefully the small team will increase in size in the future.

Fure6

so when should i start to suck up to you guys? lol, jk.

i would vote a "yea" over here too...

ian

Administrator
Staff member
well the first ever official computerforum.com "computer expert" has been chosen, but not yet announced, cause I had trouble with the rank image/usergroup settings, but it will be announced soon....

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Aww shucks... well I'd like to thank God, my parents, and the entire Internet community...
Although you meet the 250+ post requirement, im sorry to say its not you :p

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
LOL ... I'm sorry to say it is indeed a giant conspiracy just to thwart your plans for world domination ... i mean ... what plans? :p