Recommend me a good Action/Adventure game.

Justin

VIP Member
Hey guys! I'm looking for a good action/adventure game. TBH, i'm getting a little tired playing FPS and Racing games all the time. I'm looking for a good "Hack and Slash" type of game. Something along the lines of Prince of Persia which I'm currently playing. I'm thinking of buying Beowulf. I'd be interested also in comical adventure games like Crash Bandicoot.

Thanks in advance guys. :D

EDIT: The game should be from the year 2004+ so it'll have good graphics.

Last edited:

Justin

VIP Member
Is it like one of those games where you click to attack, go somewhere, or to do anything. Because I'm not into those types fo games.

I'd like to use my gamepad. It's a Saitek Cyborg Rumble. It's an exact copy of the Xbox360 gamepad.

hermeslyre

VIP Member
Hands down, Psychonauts. This was one of those rare games that was unique in that it could make you laugh out loud. It was created in 2005, by Tim Schafer, whom everyone knows as the dude who created two of the best adventure games ever, Grim Fandango and Monkey Island. It received a bunch of high scores and awards, the best and most somber of these being the Best game nobody played. I did though, and it's definitely one of the best games I've ever played. Everybody that's ever complained about how there are no more original, unique games out there really need to pick this up.

Even whatshisface from Zero Punctuation loves this game. He calls everyone who didn't buy the game a ****wit. I agree, no offense. :D

Justin

VIP Member
lol. i looked up gameplay footage for psychonauts and the witcher. both seem pretty good and the reviews are great. i'm considering those two.

i'm still open to more suggestions.

chrislo

You might like to try Mass Effect. Yea I know it has shooting elements but its a fun game. Took me a week to beat.

chrislo

gamespot says the pc version will be out on may this year. screenshots look cool. :p

Oh its a great game, if you liked Knights of the Old Republic you will love Mass Effect. So much to explore, I think when I played through it the first time I accidental skipped some planets which were not primary quest planets. When they come out with the Xbox Live upgrades for Mass Effect I am going to play through it again, but being evil instead of good.

Some people complained that it had some bugs but I didn't notice any.

DirtyD86

banned
god of war I and II. brilliant games, both of them. i dunno what systems they are available on, i think they may be ps2 exclusive but with ps2s being as cheap as they are nowadays, its well worth it to buy one just for those two games. the combat is incredible throughout, the music and overall feel of the game has a production value that borders on art, the boss battles leave you with your jaw dropped... i cant say enough good things about the games

the_painter

Jak 2 and Jak 3 if you have a pS2. Those two are my all time favorite adventure games. I have played them over and over and over :)

hermeslyre

VIP Member
If we're jumpin on the PS2, the Ratchet and Clank games as well. GOW was pretty cool, as dirtyD recommended. The Jak games were awesome as well, though I didn't like the prequel Jak and daxter quite as much.

Two other games that need to be mentioned, that need to be played by any PS2 owner, Shadow of the Colossus, and Okami. Best adventure/action games for the PS2, probably ever.

Justin

VIP Member
hehe. guys, i don't have a console, just my pc. hopefully in two months, i get my upgrade sorted out. i have the cash but, i've got too many important things to buy at the moment.

hermeslyre

VIP Member
But the PS2 is so cheap! Come onnnn. :D So many awesome games you're missing out on.

Alright fine. I'll let that slip, as long as you get Psychonauts.

koOp

if u want something on the lines of Prince of Persia, go for Assassin's Creed, same maker/publisher and its looks really similar to prince of persia. its comming out 28-29 of march this year :D on pc

Justin

VIP Member
But the PS2 is so cheap! Come onnnn. :D So many awesome games you're missing out on.

Alright fine. I'll let that slip, as long as you get Psychonauts.

i had a ps2 but it's insides blew up. don't ask. i play games a lot. the last game i played on my ps2 was NFS:Most Wanted so you can tell that was long time ago. i am considering on getting psychonauts.

@koop, yeah assasins creed. i hope to get my new parts by then.

evil-xxx

has no one here ever played dynasty warriors??
that's exactly the game which meets the demand that you guys described.