Recommend me the best waterproof iPhone case

The VCR King

My life proof has deteriorated to the point that water will get in the case from the steam from my shower or sweating when my phone is in my pocket. I need a new case.

Last edited:

Darren

Staff member
Are Mophie cases any good?
You look up any reviews? You're far more likely to have luck doing that then taking a stab in the dark that somebody around here might have experience with them. For what it's worth I've never even heard of them and I'm somebody that buys cases for my phones every 6 months to a year. Speaking of... I should get a new one.

The VCR King

You look up any reviews? You're far more likely to have luck doing that then taking a stab in the dark that somebody around here might have experience with them. For what it's worth I've never even heard of them and I'm somebody that buys cases for my phones every 6 months to a year. Speaking of... I should get a new one.
I've been looking at the reviews and I'm leaning toward saving for a Mophie H2pro case.

I figured I'd also ask here too because this is a computer forum and y'all might have some hands-on experience with these cases.

I'm not getting another lifeproof, after having 2 cases last about 6 months apiece before falling apart, it's been proved they are NOT life-proof at all.

tremmor

Otterbox has worked well for me also. Support worked well for me also. Spring came off the
case that allows you to clip on belt. No questions asked and sent me a new one. had about 2 yrs
and they replaced it. They didn't make it for my S7 Edge. had to get a generic. Will be eligible to replace
phone around march this year. that Edge just kind of pops out of my hand sometime.

The VCR King

See he above post regarding that.
Yeah I've had two of the most expensive Lifeproof cases and within 6 months both of them had the rubber for the ringer switch like shear off the case, the rubber on the case was all gone (the whole case was almost bare-plastic now!) from being in and out of my pockets, and those stupid jack extension cables were flimsy and would develop shorts and wouldn't work. I've never dropped my phone before but my case looks like it's been through a shredder if you look at it.

Lifeproof cases might work fine for some people but for me I just don't have good luck with their products. To me, they seem really cheap and hyped-up.