Recommendation for a new motherboard for my setup?

Aiwa

Basically I have a GPU that is better than the one i'm using that is just sitting around because it is not compatible with my motherboard (Bios incompatibility). I want to buy a new motherboard but have no idea which one i should get, so if anyone could point out any or a few types that are compatible with my setup, it would be much appreciated

My setup:
(current) Motherboard - Pendragon 2AC2 (AMI BIOS)
CPU - i3 2100
RAM - DDR3 8GB
GPU - GeForce 530 (I have a gtx 750ti that's waiting for me to buy a new motherboard)

I also understand that I will probably need to get a new Power Supply and Case, I will look into that once I have an idea which Motherboard I want. Preferably the motherboard should be in a the mid-range price, but if anyone can point me in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Is this an HP computer? If so, your windows license will not work in a new motherboard, so you would need a new copy of windows.

Aiwa

C4C, thanks a lot for your reply, that already helps a lot. I understand my platform is very old but I would like to re-use what I can, as I can't afford to get a whole new computer. I was hoping that at least the CPU and the RAM would be able to be used for at least another 6 months(where I plan on buying a high end CPU), and I can probably just get an extra 8GB soon as RAM as well.

johnb35, Yes this is indeed an HP computer. Do I really need to buy a copy of windows?? I thought the windows 10 would be free. That's extremely unfortunate. Would you recommend buying a whole new computer then?