recommendation on document scanner??

kenny1999

Hello
I want a scanner with the purpose of digitizing paper document into computer so as to eliminate hard copies. In most cases I will not scan photos but it's an advantage to have. Do you guys have any recommendation on which brands or models to choose? Which is the best offer? Epson or Brother? USB or wireless?

I prefer wireless but would USB one be better in terms of lifespan? You know every electronic stuff is prone to damage. I want something that would last longer. Thank you for any advice.

WhoX

Are you looking for a stand-alone scanner or an all-in-one machine such as a copier, fax, printer and scanner in one.

Some things I look for when looking at scanners:

ADF (automatic document feeder). Manually laying one document at a time on the glass is tiresome.

Scan time

Resolution

Dia option. Do I still have photo negatives laying around that I want to scan? Honestly, I have yet to find a home scanner that scanned negatives to my satisfaction. The negatives that I do have I took to a developer to have them scanned and loaded on to a flash drive.

Size. How much space is the scanner going to take?

Connection. Firewire, USB, Wireless. I've never seen a stand-alone wireless scanner before. If the function is present, you can scan wireless with an all-in-one machine though.

I own an all-in-one machine from Kyocera, model FS-1325MFP. It cost around 250 Euros.

kenny1999

Are you looking for a stand-alone scanner or an all-in-one machine such as a copier, fax, printer and scanner in one.

Some things I look for when looking at scanners:

ADF (automatic document feeder). Manually laying one document at a time on the glass is tiresome.

Scan time

Resolution

Dia option. Do I still have photo negatives laying around that I want to scan? Honestly, I have yet to find a home scanner that scanned negatives to my satisfaction. The negatives that I do have I took to a developer to have them scanned and loaded on to a flash drive.

Size. How much space is the scanner going to take?

Connection. Firewire, USB, Wireless. I've never seen a stand-alone wireless scanner before. If the function is present, you can scan wireless with an all-in-one machine though.

I own an all-in-one machine from Kyocera, model FS-1325MFP. It cost around 250 Euros.

Hi, and no no no... there are standalone wireless document scanner being sold on Amazon. I forget it it's Epson or Brother.

I will mostly likely only scan document since I want to throw away a lot of paper to keep things more tidy. Very likely I will not print at all. And almost never Fax nowadays.

I will want to scan old photos as well, but since old photos are invaluable I will always keep the original copies. Resolution is an advantage but I will not want to invest too much because of good resolution. In most cases the document being scanned is functional. Resolution might not be very critical.

How about this one? Shipped and sold by Amazon..,.

http://www.amazon.com/Brother-DS-92...8520&sr=8-7&keywords=brother+document+scanner

Would the refurbished one be good enough??

WhoX

The scan speed is very slow. The ad on Amazon says that it is "ideal for quickly capturing documents"...yeah that isn't happening, not at 8 pages per minute.

I prefer a flatbed scanner with an ADF. You don't have to feed it one document at a time and it scans much faster.