recover partitions after changing MBR to GPT

Amin

Unfortunately I removed all of my hard drive partitions except drive C, Linux swap and a 500MB drive that I have no idea about it. It happened when I was trying to extend a removed partition to drive C and I dont know why.
Now I want to recover my partitions but recovery programs find lots of very small primary partitions in addition to partitions that I had before.
I dont know what to do with them bcs my HDD is MBR and i cant have more than 4 primary partitions
Can I recover my data after changing it to GPT???

UnholyVision

Can I recover my data after changing it to GPT???
Once you change a partition table such are you're suggesting (MBR to GPT) it can completely wipes the drive. Though there are ways to convert without data loss.
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/wi...management/change-an-mbr-disk-into-a-gpt-disk

Linux swap and a 500MB
If using Linux. Then resize the drive for GPT size partition with "cfdisk", Gparted, gnome-disk-utility, or et cetera. Go through the guided process to change the partitions type.

After that you will need to edit your boot loader. Be it the Windows one, Grub, systemd, Refined, or whatever you picked to use.

a 500MB drive that I have no idea about it.
This sounds like a boot partition. Where the kernel related items are store such as initramfs, bios or EFI related items for the boot loader to launch the OS with the correct parameters.

Last edited: