recurring problem

tdekster

I have Windows 7 Pro 64bit and continually lose control of a couple processes. This occurs even after a clean install. I am unable to kill wudfhost.exe. - dll.host.exe - audiodg.exe - wmiprsv.exe and I usually have multiple instances going sometimes bogging my computer down. I take ownership and change my personal permissions and still unable to kill the processes. I can kill the processes on other computers.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Are you installing all the correct drivers? Those are windows processes. How long have you had this problem? Any change in hardware recently to cause this? Bad hardware can cause this.

Edit - Try going into services and temporarily stop "Windows Management Instrumentation" and then restart the service and see what happens.

Last edited:

tdekster

Thanks for the quick response. The problem has been there for a while and I have suspected it was a hardware issue. I cannot update the network adapter or the audio to the latest. It always errors when I attempt to. I uninstall and delete the driver and it updates immediately. This happened now and after a clean install as well. I tried restarting WMI service and that did not work.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Have you tried going into the bios and reset back to defaults? Otherwise would really suspect hardware issue. How are you physically doing a clean install? Are you deleting partition and resetting it back up and then installing windows?

tdekster

I will reset the BIOS that's a good idea. I slaved the hard drive on another computer and ran iolo disk cleaner then installed hard drive and booted from the windows disk.