Red Ring of Death

Le GoogelGuRu

I would of went with a new XBOX 360... you get what you pay for I guess. As for what you can do in this situation, the only thing I can think of is what people have already said: Call Microsoft. Just hope you didn't get the customer rep I got and they might be able to help you or do something with the XBOX.

hermeslyre

VIP Member
I would of went with a new XBOX 360... you get what you pay for I guess. As for what you can do in this situation, the only thing I can think of is what people have already said: Call Microsoft. Just hope you didn't get the customer rep I got and they might be able to help you or do something with the XBOX.

It's fixed. :) Read above.

hermeslyre

VIP Member
im noot going to hide it, i am speechless that worked!!!

Lol, Not I. This fix has been around for quite some time, and the success rate is much higher than one would think. It's also quite easy, If you know your way around a motherboard/electronics in general.

brian

VIP Member
lol. i would call the guy and be like thanks so much for it. it runs like it was a day old! :D

lovely?

whoah whoah whoah that is by no means a permanent fix, you really need to change out those x-brackets within the month. i have fixed far too many 360's to tell you that the towel method is perfect. you also need to check for overheating in the system, caused by FOIL on the GPU heatsink. that also causes errors in lots of systems. so you need two mods, you need to change those brackets, and you need to scrape off the foil and heat-paste on the GPU and CPU.

Gravegun

I bought a 220$ used from EBX with a wireless remote *I had a previous premium my mom lost the warranty * and I think it was 40$ to get a warranty on it...

AAAsnwbordr

Well we've had the 360 for about 2 1/2 weeks now (i think) after the fix and have had no problems. I'll keep whoever wants to know posted after a month or so of having it. It's a cool experiment i think.

hermeslyre

VIP Member
Well we've had the 360 for about 2 1/2 weeks now (i think) after the fix and have had no problems. I'll keep whoever wants to know posted after a month or so of having it. It's a cool experiment i think.

Yeah, keep us posted. I was pretty sure it'd work, but with all M$ "crap" you're never sure for how long..

It is a cool experiment. :)