Reformat issues

Adam Warren

Hey guys. I need to reformat my computer, but i have misplaced my windows cd :(. My registry is all F**ked up and my computer is going crazy. How the hell do i reformat without a windows cd :'(

Zeus2005

u could get a reg fixer, you can format your c: without a cd, just you wont be able to install windows again without it lol. Cant you borrow a cd from your friends?, im sure someone u know has one.

alanuofm

VIP Member
go into your bios to change your boot order. or one of the function keys allow you to decide where to boot from. its different on computers. i usually just try each one. mines f12 i think.

Adam Warren

i just tried every f button. nothing. whatta ya mean change boot order? can you be a little more spesific? haha. thanks :)

Adam Warren

Allright i reformatted, and now im in a little bit of a problem. haha. I reinstalled about 30 programs, and reinstalled all the drivers and what not. but i never rebooted once, i kept on puting it off. so now that everything is installed, i rebooted. and now it wont stop. the login screen wont even come up. it just reboots continuesly. Is it rebooting one time for every program i never rebooted for? whats going on?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
My registry is all F**ked up and my computer is going crazy. How the hell do i reformat without a windows cd :'(
Well you can grab a Linux CD ... or a Windows PreInstallation Environment CD...

ahhh, i cant reformat, what do i press to boot from cd?
According to the instructions ... "any key"

i just tried every f button. nothing. whatta ya mean change boot order? can you be a little more spesific? haha. thanks
With ASUS boards its "Del"

Allright i reformatted, and now im in a little bit of a problem. haha. I reinstalled about 30 programs, and reinstalled all the drivers and what not. but i never rebooted once, i kept on puting it off. so now that everything is installed, i rebooted. and now it wont stop. the login screen wont even come up. it just reboots continuesly. Is it rebooting one time for every program i never rebooted for? whats going on?
A lot of things could be going on (i.e., not enough info to narrow it down). Most straight forward solution = redo it but dont refuse-to-reboot-cuz-that-would-be-silly ;) To answer your question .. not it doesnt reboot for each time it was supposed to.

2hours does not warrant a bump. And no, no it doesnt.