Refreshing Computer similar to Libraries

Joetheactuary

If you have ever used a computer at a public library they always say not to save anything to the computer itself because it will be erased... I guess every night the computer refresh themselves and erase everything that anyone would have saved during the days.

Would this act like the ultimate security system because the computer is semi-whipped out every night and starts fresh. I realize I could never save anything to it (I will use an external hard rive for that) but is my 'theory' correct.

If it would work, how would I go about doing this. Is there some kind of program built into windows or is there software I can buy. I want to be able to keep my computer 'clutter free' all the time.

I hope I did a decent job explaining my thought. Thanks in advance!

Agent Smith

The library here uses thin clients so that may be why. In fact I bet they have write protection on. I have a thin client I've been meaning to update the HDD because I turned off write protection and over time burnt out the flash drive. LOL It was used for my kitchen kiosk. Now I use a Dell netbook that has been on for over a year.

In reality there is no way to wipe a drive all the time. If you install things or whatever there will always be registry key created, etc. Maybe you could have the OS on one partition that is somehow write protected and the stuff you save could be on a second partition or HDD.

If you are surfing the net consider Sandboxie.