Registry Error (need help fixing)

TankerHC

Problem: Tried to redirect install path for software to Drive F: from Drive C:

Changed Registry path on both Redirects "HKEY_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\

Now when downloading files the files go to drive F:, but will not install, and cannot access the drives without going into Computer and can no longer access the registry.

Registry repair tools will not work and no commands to access or repair the registry will work. Other than all that everything else runs fine.

Any way I can fix this? Cannot even reinstall or setup repair windows because it cannot access any drives.

I keep getting this error when trying to install anything. ShellexecuteEx failed Code 2. and/or Windows cannot find C:\users\name\software name

Last edited:

i_hate_toms

What happens when we boot this setup up from the Windows 8 DVD?
Are you saying if we go to drive options then the hard disk partitions don't appear?
That's weird, how's Windows 8 booting up if no hard drives can be seen?
Is AHCI enabled in BIOS?
no longer access the registry as in REGEDIT doesn't work? Is there an error message that is returned?

TankerHC

What happens when we boot this setup up from the Windows 8 DVD?
Are you saying if we go to drive options then the hard disk partitions don't appear?
That's weird, how's Windows 8 booting up if no hard drives can be seen?
Is AHCI enabled in BIOS?
no longer access the registry as in REGEDIT doesn't work? Is there an error message that is returned?

WIll not boot from the CD, can no longer find any of the drives.

The drives are accessible, but you have to go through "Computer" and the partitions are fine, all files are still there.

Regedit doesn't work, "Windows cannot fins C://windows/regedit

Registry Repair command doesn't work.

Cannot install registry tools, as it cannot find a drive to install any software to.