reinstalling windows

maximadave

I'm having a problem reinstalling windows on my computer. It's telling me that I need a valid partition in order to install WIN98. Can someone tell me the commands I need to input in MSDOS to create a valid partition so I can continue with the rest of the installation process? Any help you can give me is greatly appreciated! Note: I have limited knowledge of MSDOS.

[tab]

[...]
You use fdisk to create partitions in MS DOS.

There are instructions here on how to install Windows 98, have a read through that and if you have problems with anything ask here :)

Good luck.

ChinaRosesZ

I used Windows 98 back in 1999 and quickly changed to Windows 2000 pro as soon as it came out. If you have Windows 2000 pro, you should use it because it's faster and it doesn't crash like Windows 98 and it was programmed much better than 98. Another reason is Windows 98 doesn't have security, anybody can access your computer without permission. With Windows 2000 pro, you can disable people from touching your personal documents and any programs that you just want to run privately. This is one of the great things about Windows 2000 pro. Security, security!

Charlie7940

Was it really necessary reviving a thread that is over a year and a half old? And to say "yup thats what you do" ...there are other ways to get more posts.