Reliving my C64 days again

Twiki

I was a die hard C64 nut back in the 80s-90s. I used to have boxes of floppies I bought from the mail order PD software house. Lots of good stuff including the cracked (and trained) software. When I built my Raspberry Pi into a game console I have an SDcard loaded with emulators and roms. They were mostly 2600, Sega and Nintendo but more like MAME.

I found an 8 bit etailer that has a digital download with 100,000+ roms and 40 consoles. It included the C64, Amiga and others. It required a 64 gig card to extract to. All I wanted was the 64 and I got it. I learned how to extract the C64 roms and put em in a folder on my drive. That way I can play it on my PC. Trouble is I needed a keyboard hooked to the PI and sometime the joystick doesn't work.

I found a site called C64 Forever and they put together an excellent emulator with lots of features. I tried their free Express version (crippleware) and I was impressed. It came with 100 games and everything worked. I bought the license for $10 (not bad) and it was great. I had to do a little conversion to the roms to their format. 17,000+ roms! Whew! :D