Remote Desktop from XP to Ubuntu useing windows remote desktop?

BLK1985

New Member
Just like the title says. I want to remote in from my work computer(XP Pro) to my home computer(Soon to be Ubuntu 8.1) useing Windows' Remote Desktop Application. I have found how to do it useing VNC Viewer but I wont be able to install VNC on my work computer.

Does anyone have an solutions on how to do this? Or can I just set it all up on the Ubuntu PC then remote to it just like I remote to my XP computer(Start to Remote desktop type in IP, done)?
 
I dont think that will work. We only have IE7 at work( I know) and they block everything except a few sites. I need to go through Windows Remote Desktop or it wont work. Do you know if I just go through normally from the XP PC at work useing Remote Desktop to my Ubuntu PC at home it will connect.
 
I think windows remote desktop requires you to accept an invitation on the host computer before you can succesfully connect. Couldn't you load firefox mobile onto a pen drive and use the above method that way?
 
I think windows remote desktop requires you to accept an invitation on the host computer before you can succesfully connect. Couldn't you load firefox mobile onto a pen drive and use the above method that way?

No it does not require you too. I do it all the time from work with no one here. Im going to try it this way if it doesnt work Ill take a pen drive in with VNC or something.
 
Well the download was screwed up of my disc making ability was not right so Ill be waiting for Ubuntu to send me a copy.
 
Back
Top