Remote Desktop Software

LooN3y

Logmein Central Plus is ridiculous expensive this year as they doubled the price. It is now $3000 per year where it used to be $1500.

We need at least 200 computers as we have many client's servers and workstations. All we really use is Remote Access and File Transfer.

Logmein's speed is very efficient, but as our company is going through some rough times we cannot afford this.

Can anyone suggest a cheaper but solution without the drop in quality? Or maybe a file transfer solution because we need to update customers source code on the servers and at times test (because windows/network configuration or who knows what is different).

Right now they've got us by the balls and I'm a bit stressing out and not sure what to do.

beers

Staff member
You could realistically use RDP and transfer files via SMB on top of AD. Bomgar has some enterprise level features similar to Logmein but I believe the rates are similar.

What kind of business case do you support?

LooN3y

You could realistically use RDP and transfer files via SMB on top of AD. Bomgar has some enterprise level features similar to Logmein but I believe the rates are similar.

What kind of business case do you support?

Hi Beers,

Thank you for your reply, we support apparel companies that use our ERP system which we update frequently to fix bugs and make adjustments, they usually keep their SQL servers at their office but we are pushing to host for them on Azure. So we also need to run scripts and sometimes debug and test on their side just to make sure because of networking differences.

We have tons of computers, also we keep our Staff computer's on our logmein account as well. Im trying to push all Station (non-server) support to TeamViewer. It does involve EDI so it gets really intense at times and we do look over their UCC-128 labels or our clients may get chargebacks. So optimal remote access and file transfer is key across the globe (as some are overseas and we have a main support office in India).

Logmein has been so convenient so far but we don't use anything but file transfer and remote access to my knowledge.