Remote Desktop

atentora

So, I'm finally getting around to doing a remote desktop for my main. I'm running Win 7 Professional 64. Is there a good free program, or should I just use the integrated remote desktop?

tlarkin

VIP Member
Depends on what you are doing, also some of the free remote desktop apps do not support encryption. Keep that in mind.

salvage-this

Depends on what you are doing, also some of the free remote desktop apps do not support encryption. Keep that in mind.

I don't know if remote desktop from windows supports encryption either but I messed around with open vpn to try to get one to work.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
It takes a bit to configure the remote desktop. You also have to be on the same network/workgroup as the computer you are trying to control. So if you're going to be "on the go" then RD is not right for you.

You can give LogMeIn a try. It comes in Free and Pro. Unless you need to transfer files, Free should be fine for you.
http://www.logmein.com

tremmor

I have used RealVNC Enterprise. worked well also. Also worked well from outside the network. At one time i had this proggy working with wake on lan. I could even turn the computer on from another state or country. Have to get into again and talk more about the encryption part.