Removing Graphic Card.... Need help.

ChrisDVD

Hey,

I am removing my card from the PC (and will eventuallly add it to another computer) its a 5500 Nvidea. I was just wondering how to do it? How can i put back the 'old' graphics the computer had? how is it suppose to be done?
I added it like 2 years ago, and i am a little rusty on how the cards work :eek:

thx,

Chris

tuxify

Well, first make sure you turn off your computer first. Then take the side panel off, touch something metal on the computer to get rid of static electricity, and you should just be able to pull the card straight out of the slot. Make sure you pull straight up.

As for putting the other card in; just make sure you do the opposite. Straight down, give it a little force, but you shouldn't have to give too much. Then all you do is put the side back on, plug it in, and see if it worked.

ChrisDVD

thx tuxify,
I'm planning on not putting back a Graphic Card, but simply use the one intergrated... do i need to switch it back 'on' ?

elitehacker

It should be automatic, the BIOS would automaticallly detect that the dedicated graphics ard is not there and switch the integrated back on. If you can go into the BIOS with your monitor plugged into the integrated graphics port, then its turned back on otherwise you can't see any video output.

ChrisDVD

thx guys (sorry for the long reponse)
So i took the card off, but the old graphix didn't jump back on.
What must i do to go into my bios?

G25r8cer

When your bios page pops up push the button on the keyboard that is for Setup. It should say on the bios page what the setup button is. Once you get in there just work your way around and you should find something for boot. Change the graphics card from PCI or AGP to Integrated or w/e it is.

ChrisDVD

When your bios page pops up push the button on the keyboard that is for Setup. It should say on the bios page what the setup button is. Once you get in there just work your way around and you should find something for boot. Change the graphics card from PCI or AGP to Integrated or w/e it is.

alright, so i got on my setup (bios) and navigated like you said... all they had for boots was this:
1 boot device [3m-tsstcorpcd/d]
2 boot device [pm- maxtor 6/160]
3 boot device [Realteck boot ag ]

so i not so sure what do to?

Also, when i first put my GC in 2 years ago, i dissable my intergrated in this page (and forgot how to get there) It was a page that i open after windows started....
btw, should i also remove my nvidea program in the PC?

G25r8cer

Go to run and type "devmgmt.msc", thats device manager were you might be able to enable the integrated there. If that shortcut doesnt work right click "My Coimputer" and select "Properties" and select "Device Manager" tab.