Removing OS

ack

I installed linux on a dual boot with windpows xp home, and now i have linux installed on a different comp so i want to remove linux from my dual boot comp and use the space for windows. Linux is on a separate partition than windows.

Knight

Do you want to save the information on the Linux partition? If not, just format it and then you should be good to go.

ack

I don't want to save the information just format the partition and use it with windows, but i don't know how to format it. I tried formating with dos but it doesn't recognize it. The linux uses the boot manager grub. So how do i format it?

joshj

Try Partition Magic. You should be able to see it there. You will be able to reformat it, or if you want, I think you'll be able to combine it with the Windows partition.

ack

Its 70 bucks. I don't want to spend that. Is there a way i can format without having to spend so much?

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Boot into Windows XP. Right click on "My Computer" click on "Manage" click on "Disk Management" right click on the linux partition and click on "Format" You then can delete and merge partitions here also. No real need for partition magic here at all but I do like that little app. Are you not able to use a free trial version?

ack

jbrown456 said:
look on ebay, i'm positive you'll find it there for like 10 bucks, by the way, what is your on os?

My own os is just what it says. Its an operating system i programmed. It is currently in developement.

Blue said:
Boot into Windows XP. Right click on "My Computer" click on "Manage" click on "Disk Management" right click on the linux partition and click on "Format" You then can delete and merge partitions here also. No real need for partition magic here at all but I do like that little app. Are you not able to use a free trial version?

Thx a lot i got its formating now.