Removing preloaded programs

kookooshortman55

New Member
I just finished deleting most of the bloatware that came with my HP. I'm left with Roxio and a couple of HP programs. I might keep Roxio to be able to copy images of CD's, but I was wondering which HP programs I could delete. I deleted all of them except for:

HP Deskjet Printer Driver Software
HP Easy Setup - Frontend
HP Imaging Device Functions
HP Update

Do I really need any of these? Thanks
 
HP Deskjet Printer Driver Software If you don't have or plan to buy an HP printer, then this can go
HP Easy Setup - Frontend I'm not sure what this is, but I'm sure it can go. It isn't an essential part of Windows. BUT, google it and check to be sure
HP Imaging Device Functions I'm sure that this is something to do with scanners...if you don't have an HP scanner, then this can go
HP Update This should be something you should keep so you can get driver updates, software updates and such...however, your computer would live without it.
 
Just fixing up what Concorde got wrong.

HP Easy Setup - Frontend - I've googled around, couldn't find anything. But the overall word on the net is it's fine to delete :)
HP Imaging Device Functions - If your not planning on getting any imaging device from HP it can be removed (scanner, webcam, ect.)
 
Back
Top