removing win10 on new laptop

Peter Hatz

Hi All.

recently bought a new laptop which came installed with windows 10. i want to remove windows 10 and go back to window 7 or 8.

i have the win 8 disc that i want to install on it.

thanks in advance.

peter

_Pete_

Personally I wouldn't go back to Win 8 or 8.1. You will have to buy Win 7 and Win 7 will only be supported until 2020, probably long enough though. To install Win 8 from the disk insert the disk into the CD/DVD player, switch on, mash the F12 key to bring up the boot options and select the option to boot from your DVD. Then follow the prompts.

Just to add that if you have any files on the Win 10 install they need to be backed up as they will be lost once you start the Win 8 install.

aldan

have seen posts like this after every new windows comes out.lol.i dont recommend reverting either but if you must,have at it.it will be interesting to see the new threads from you seeking help with all the issues you will run across in doing this.should be good reading.

strollin

Before installing an older OS on a new laptop, I'd check on the mfr's website to see if you can get the drivers needed for such things as the video and wifi for the OS you wish to install. Often there is no older driver available since the mfr designed the laptop for the newer OS in mind.

Laquer Head

As others have stated, you are really best off sticking to Windows 10.

Perhaps there are things we could assist you with that may change your mind about downgrading???