Removing

Psychoe

I recently had Cogeco's F Secure AV software ( Cogeco F-Secure )and uninstalled it. When I went back to check the folders, they were still there and I couldn't delete them. The message I got was:

Cannot delete domainNames.dat: Access is denied. Make sure the disk is not full
or write-protected and that the file is currently not in use.

I have tried deleting in safe mode and it gave me the same message. Cogeco's tech department had only 1 suggestion - system restore to the point before it was installed. He said that it was a pc problem.

Questions I have:
1. I don't know much about system restore - will I lose anything (documents, games, etc)?
2. Can these files (there is more than just the one) be deleted without using system restore?
3. What kind of prob could I have with the pc?

Thanks all,

E!

Buzz1927

Digaredd
If you use system restore, you lose anything you added after that point.
You could try using Killbox.
You can't write the path in, you'll have to copy and paste e.g. c:windows\program files\cogeco (if thats what it is). Select "delete on reboot". If its more than one folder\files, select "no" at the "reboot now" prompt and do the same thing for all folders\files. At the last one, let it reboot, that should sort it.

lynx6200

You say the folder is still on your computer, are there files in the folder, and does the program still show up in your add/remove programs control? Try pressing alt, control, delete. At the task manager, see if there are any running processes related to the program, if so, end them, and try to delete the folder. Also, you can try going to the registry (type in regedit in the run command) and look under local machine and current user, under software for any related keys and delete them.