Repair And Retrival Of Data Of An External Hard Drive

Matthew Parij

I have a Seagate External Hard Drive that I had purchased in 2013, and I have two issues with it:
When transferring the Files/Data to a newer Seagate External Hard Drive that I had purchased last year, in 2019; I had accidentally deleted the files on this older External Hard Drive in question.
Second problem is that this drive no longer boots up. It will spool up as soon as its plugged into a power source, and connected to a computer; but it will not work after that.
Any one that I can ship this External Hard Drive to, in order to potentially repair this drive and retrieve the data; I will give a big Thank You to.
Anyone on this forum that I can ship this Hard Drive to?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You'll need to find a professional data recovery center near you and have them retrieve the data, however, it won't be cheap. Especially if the data was originally deleted.

JaredDM

We can take a look at it if you'd like, and for now we are staying open during the COVID mess. How does the drive sound when it spins up? Does it stay spinning or does it spin back down after a minute? Just want to be able to give you a ballpark price before you send it, in case it's more than you want to pay.