Replacement for GTX 560 Ti....Help Please

AndyG

Hi Guys & Girls!

Below is a PC I have that the graphics card has failed.

I want to give the pc to my son as a starter pc so need a new graphics card like the 560 Ti but as there not available need a cheap replacement that will work with the below specs please.

I want to spend no more than around £100 if possible.

Thanks for any help given.

upload_2017-3-5_20-40-58.png

Deadpool

What PSU do you own? Where do you live?

I would recommend the RX-460. It´s around £90 on the UK. I don´t know where you are from though.

Darren

Staff member
What PSU do you own? Where do you live?

I would recommend the RX-460. It´s around £90 on the UK. I don´t know where you are from though.
I usually advise people jump from a 460 to a 1050 (TI), worth the small price jump.

Darren

Staff member
True, but if you are jumping you just might as well get a 470. The price jump from the 1050 is smaller and the performance leap much bigger.
Might as well just do a 480 and be done with it. :D

OP, we need your power supply and budget as well as country.

Deadpool

US prices seem more consistent so I´m gonna use those:

460->1050ti: +$40 (+40%), +25% performance
1050ti->470: +$20 (+15%), +55% performance
470->480: +$25 (+15%), +15% performance

There you go. Now you can make an educated decision.

Your motherboard supports both Crossfire and SLI so in the future you could add another card if you want(kinda rare, you will probably have to update PSU and your PC will already be old and truly outdated). The 1050 ti does not have SLI support though.

Last edited:

AndyG

Hi it's the UK and the psu is 600W Quiet 80 PLUS Quad Rail PSU + 120mm Case Fan and budget needs to be around £100ish as it's my lads first pc

Intel_man

VIP Member
US prices seem more consistent so I´m gonna use those:
Yea but if he doesn't live in the US, which judging by the currency he provided would say he doesn't live in the US, then the consistency of the US pricing scheme wouldn't be valid?

If your other list with £ is accurate, then the jump from 1050ti/460 to a 470 is 70% outside his budget.

Keep in mind that his original intention is to give that computer to his son as a starter computer. Not a full blown gaming PC.

To stay within budget, I'd advise with going for the 460. 1050ti is too much and the 1050 is just... well might as well get a 460.

Deadpool

Yea but if he doesn't live in the US, which judging by the currency he provided would say he doesn't live in the US, then the consistency of the US pricing scheme wouldn't be valid?

I assumed percentages would keep true. That´s why I added the percentage value on the side.

Hi it's the UK and the psu is 600W Quiet 80 PLUS Quad Rail PSU + 120mm Case Fan and budget needs to be around £100ish as it's my lads first pc

Get the 460 if you don´t want to spend more than £100. It´s the best option. It´s a decent card too.

AndyG

Thanks for your help.....if I purchased the below would that fit with no other changes needed? Cheers

Gigabyte RX 460 WF2 OC-2Gb 2 GB GDDR5 Memory PCI-E Graphics Card - Black

RRP: £129.99
Price: £89.96
FREE Delivery in the UK.

Deadpool

Thanks for your help.....if I purchased the below would that fit with no other changes needed? Cheers

Gigabyte RX 460 WF2 OC-2Gb 2 GB GDDR5 Memory PCI-E Graphics Card - Black

RRP: £129.99
Price: £89.96
FREE Delivery in the UK.

You never told us your case model, but since it´s an ATX It´ll almost certainly fit. It´s a short card too so you won´t have any problems with the drive bays.

mistersprinkles

You don't want a 2GB display card in 2017. My 4GB 980 wasn't even able to give me some of the texture settings I wanted. I now have an 8GB card. 3GB minimum for todays games, 4GB or 6GB is better.

Get a 1050Ti is my suggestion.

Deadpool

You don't want a 2GB display card in 2017. My 4GB 980 wasn't even able to give me some of the texture settings I wanted. I now have an 8GB card. 3GB minimum for todays games, 4GB or 6GB is better.

Get a 1050Ti is my suggestion.

Why not the 4Gb version of the 460?