Replacement Notebook LCD

TheOrteganator

I somehow managed to crack the LCD on my Gateway MT3705 notebook, no clue how, all I know is I opened it and there were two fat overlapping cracks on the right of the screen. (If I'm not too lazy, maybe I'll post pictures tomorrow so you guys can laugh at my idiocy.)

I've been putting it off for nearly a month now, and working in only the good part of the screen. So now, it's time to just spend the money and replace it.

The least expensive screens I have seen so far are around $150 on eBay (See link below). Is this the best deal I am going to find? Are there any other screens that may work that I might be able to find cheaper, maybe one not specifically meant for the MT3705 but that will still work?

My screen is a 14.1" LCD, WXGA, 1200x800.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-GATEWAY-MT-...ZWD1VQQ_trksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
It's best to go for something as close to the original as possible. Try and move away from that and you may have issues, unless you find something that is universal.

concorde

How old is the laptop? If it is more than a couple years old, then I wouldn't bother with a new LCD. It's like trying to put new parts into a rusted out Ford.