Replacement part for my Dell Keyboard?

bamhm182

I bought a Dell keyboard a while back, and the volume knob on it broke. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get a replacement knob for it, it says EN1 next to it on the PCB board. The keyboard I have is a Y-REQ-DEL2.

bamhm182

I called them, they didn't have the part I needed. I gave the board to my dad today and he took it by a computer parts store, the part I needed was a 12mm potentiometer. Only thing is, we have no idea what the resistance on it is... On the plus side, I no longer need that part, my dad was spinning it all day and we just tried it again, all I need now is a knob, I just snagged one from my stereo receiver for now, my dad's going to swing by radioshack to see if they've got one that fits better tomorrow.

soBe

Why dont you just get a new keyboard? You will go through more trouble trying to find the part then just going to Best Buy or even target and getting a new one for 20 bucks.

G25r8cer

Why dont you just get a new keyboard? You will go through more trouble trying to find the part then just going to Best Buy or even target and getting a new one for 20 bucks.

Exactly!! Get a whole new hunk of junk stock DELL keyboard for like $10-20 on ebay!

_simon_

I like Dell keyboards! I use one of these:

keyboard.jpg

I gave the board to my friend today and he took it by a computer parts store, the part I needed was a 12mm potentiometer.