Replacing a laptop LCD guide

Discussion in 'Video Cards and Monitors' started by ian, Jan 18, 2009.

1. ian

ian Administrator Staff Member

2. Springy182

Springy182 New Member

Cool guide, too bad my extended warranty makes it redundant ;)

3. ThatGuy16

ThatGuy16 VIP Member

Thanks, but does that protect against you dropping.. or breaking your laptop? :p

I hope this guide will benefit some of you. :)

4. mep916

mep916 Administrator Staff Member

Well done. You make it look really easy. I always thought this procedure was difficult, which always turned me off from buying laptops with cracked LCDs. From start to finish, how long did it take to replace the screen?

5. ThatGuy16

ThatGuy16 VIP Member

I thought the same thing, its really simple.

I'd say it took me about 30-45 minutes tops. It may take less time, just depends on how many of those small screws you loose. :eek:

6. ThatGuy16

ThatGuy16 VIP Member

I'd like to bump this thread for anyone who may need it...

lets get our blog popular!

Also, if there is something i could change to make it easier, let me know. Laptop is still going strong by the way. :D

7. Vizy

Vizy New Member

for the hell of it, you should write a really simple guide to fix stuck pixels. That way we can refer newcomers to the techzine version whenevr they come up with stuck pixel stuff.

8. ThatGuy16

ThatGuy16 VIP Member

Ill be honest, i have tried almost every method out there to get stuck pixels out of LCD TV's, and monitors. I can rarely get them to ever work. Once in a while i can get them out by using the rubbing method. Maybe I've been unlucky though.

But, I'll definitely look into making one. Because its always best to atleast try, you'll never know until then. It definitely won't hurt anything. Because it does work, on occasion.

9. Vizy

Vizy New Member

there's the disclaimer right there!:D

Whatever to increase traffic to tz.

10. ganzey

ganzey banned

i put new hinges on my hp dv4000, which is just a couple steps away from putting in a new screen, and it only took bout an hour, and was easy. just keep track of all screws.

11. ThatGuy16

ThatGuy16 VIP Member

Thats what i need on this one too, haven't found them cheap enough to fool with yet. Though, its not that bad. Just a little bit of play.

12. bcoffee20

bcoffee20 New Member

wow that looks like it was really easy. where do people find cheap laptops with broken lcd's? seem like a good way to get a cheap laptop which im looking for :D

13. ThatGuy16

ThatGuy16 VIP Member

Check craigslist, and for sale sections on forums.

I got mine at TechPowerUp forums, from a member.

14. Aastii

Aastii VIP Member

lmao that is weird, i found that guide from google couple days before i joined the forum to find out how to replace the screen on my sisters laptop :p

The world is smaller than you think, even the world wide web

15. Turbo10

Turbo10 Active Member

I can imagine replacing the LCD would be a nightmare to do, your probably better off getting a new laptop D:

16. ThatGuy16

ThatGuy16 VIP Member

Haha, thats cool. Did it help?
    Its not hard...

17. bomberboysk

bomberboysk Active Member

I had one of my friends tell me this:
    "Whoa...your like everywhere.." and send a link to a response i made here about coil whine(They were googling 8800gt coil whine or something like that). I thought it was funny>_<

18. Aastii

Aastii VIP Member

unfortunately no, if i had changed the screen it certainly would have, but she decided to live wth it and instead get a new system, i'm building her a desktop in september/october

19. ThatGuy16

ThatGuy16 VIP Member

That will turn out better then, a new system is always good. :D