Request help concerning a harddrive purchase

VoodooPeople

I've had my computer (Dell Inspiron 8500) for a couple years now, and I've just about filled the 30 gig harddrive to capacity, so I need to upgrade the capacity. I checked out dell first, and found a harddrive that would be sufficient -- if it werent so expencive Dell's harddrive . I then checked out Bestbuy, because I have a $40 gift card for them, and found that I can get much larger capacities, and faster data transfer speeds, for less money! Bestbuy's harddrives
However, not knowing much about hardware, I'm concerned about which one to purchase, and whether it will work on my laptop (and not overheat it and such).
I'd like at least 60gigs, more is fine, I prefer high performance (I tend to get impatient if I must wait for the computer to load things) and I'm hoping for something in the range of $100-$150, but I also have a gift card for bestbuy for $40 so add +40 if it's from there.
ALSO, once I have the harddrive, how do I transfer my stuff from my old one onto the new one?

Thanks for any help,
Voodoo :cool:

alanuofm

VIP Member
VoodooPeople said:
I've had my computer (Dell Inspiron 8500) for a couple years now, and I've just about filled the 30 gig harddrive to capacity, so I need to upgrade the capacity. I checked out dell first, and found a harddrive that would be sufficient -- if it werent so expencive Dell's harddrive . I then checked out Bestbuy, because I have a $40 gift card for them, and found that I can get much larger capacities, and faster data transfer speeds, for less money! Bestbuy's harddrives
However, not knowing much about hardware, I'm concerned about which one to purchase, and whether it will work on my laptop (and not overheat it and such).
I'd like at least 60gigs, more is fine, I prefer high performance (I tend to get impatient if I must wait for the computer to load things) and I'm hoping for something in the range of $100-$150, but I also have a gift card for bestbuy for $40 so add +40 if it's from there.
ALSO, once I have the harddrive, how do I transfer my stuff from my old one onto the new one?

Thanks for any help,
Voodoo :cool:

those are all desktop internal hard drives so they won't work.

edit: nevermind the laptop hard drives are on the bottom and very expensive. they should work with the same interface.

Last edited: