Reseated memory! Now computer won't turn on

irishluck

I shut my computer down to reseat my memory and move slots to try to get my pc to read all 8gb. Now the damn thing won't turn on. I've prolly rebooted it over 50 times.

A few times it would come up to bios and then would just go into a continuous loop saying "your pc didn't boot right" and kept restarting over and over and over again

The majority of the time, the computer turns on, no display. I have power cycled it. Reseated everything.
He'll this thing is like 6 months old. I'll never buy MSI again.

What do I do now? It just randomly stopped working

MSI 970a SLI Krait edition
Idk processor. The amd 8 core
8gh corsair ddr3
HIS 7850 IceQ turbo video card

_Pete_

Take it all apart again and put the memory back where it was. Also take each stick out one by one and try to boot. You may have damaged that RAM module or the socket.

Oh incidentally it didn't "randomly" stop working. You moved RAM sticks and THEN it stopped working. The reason I have pointed that out is because you have, probably, done something that stopped your computer from working. So now you need to go over it with a fine tooth comb to see what you MAY have disturbed.

_Kyle_

Take it all apart again and put the memory back where it was. Also take each stick out one by one and try to boot. You may have damaged that RAM module or the socket.

Oh incidentally it didn't "randomly" stop working. You moved RAM sticks and THEN it stopped working. The reason I have pointed that out is because you have, probably, done something that stopped your computer from working. So now you need to go over it with a fine tooth comb to see what you MAY have disturbed.
Remember, he had another issue with his RAM already, which is why he reseated it.

_Pete_

Remember, he had another issue with his RAM already, which is why he reseated it.

Agreed but the OP now has a different fault that will prevent him from diagnosing the original fault. The no boot fault he has now happened after he moved his RAM sticks. So he has to, at least, get back to his original fault.

_Kyle_

How many sticks of RAM do you have? If you have more than 1, try them all individually.

irishluck

I have 2 sticks. Ive gone over everything. Check all cables, teseated everything. Cleaned the memory and graphic card with alcohol. Put memory back in the same spot. Tried 1 stick vs 2. No picture on monitors at all now

_Kyle_

I have 2 sticks. Ive gone over everything. Check all cables, teseated everything. Cleaned the memory and graphic card with alcohol. Put memory back in the same spot. Tried 1 stick vs 2. No picture on monitors at all now
One of your sticks are probably dead. You might of killed the other by accidentally damaging it.

_Kyle_

Try them each in the furthest to the left, and work your way right. DIMM slots can die to.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
If the memory sticks are shot, then you won't get any video on the screen. I would definitely try some new ram.

irishluck

Sooo it actually all works now. I went to Microcenter to get a new MOBO and graphics card, just in case. I came home, and I tore the whole thing apart. checked slots, checked that everything was seated and even went ahead and pulled the CMOS battery out.
Turned it on, display came on, went through a system check and all and FINALLY came to the log in screen. I went to check the system setting and what do ya know, its showing 8gb finally!

I have NO idea what the issue was that cause the display or the memory issues or anything cause I know for a fact that the memory was 100% seated. I made sure of that. But it all works now. Now Im not touching this computer again so I dont somehow break it again.

I hate computers :(

irishluck

Welp, spoke to soon i guess. Go to open up a saved bookmark list of tabs (32 tabs) and an error pops up

Stop code MEMORY MANAGEMENT

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Netio.sys is a driver file for the network connection. This still could be memory related. Have you ran Memtest on the installed memory?

irishluck

Not yet. The computer is working so far, its showing 8gb. Ive got my programs opened and everything is working so far.

But I proly should still run that memtest shouldn't I?

Is this something that has to boot from a CD or Flashdriver?