(Resolved) Want Free No Watermark Software to merge 2 Videos into 1 and Format Change

Hey what's going on guys. I am not a big Youtuber by any means. I do however post videos every now and then of games I play specially when I am bored. Why not if Youtube is Free anyway.

Well I am looking for Software recommendations that allow me to merge 2 video files into 1. I don't want to edit anything really just would like to merge 2 files into one and be able to convert the Format from MP4 to AVI or anything else.

Freemake Video used to be perfect for this but now they enforce a watermark with the free version so I can't no longer use it for what I want.

Any suggestions or recommendations are appreciate it.
List: Free, No watermark, Be able to merge 2 video into 1, and Convert File type e.g.AVI to MP4 to WMV etc.

Many Thanks. Cheers!

Darren

Staff member
Pretty sure Windows Photos on W10 has some basic functionality for that purpose.

Hey what's going on guys. I am not a big Youtuber by any means. I do however post videos every now and then of games I play specially when I am bored. Why not if Youtube is Free anyway.

Well I am looking for Software recommendations that allow me to merge 2 video files into 1. I don't want to edit anything really just would like to merge 2 files into one and be able to convert the Format from MP4 to AVI or anything else.

Freemake Video used to be perfect for this but now they enforce a watermark with the free version so I can't no longer use it for what I want.

Any suggestions or recommendations are appreciate it.
List: Free, No watermark, Be able to merge 2 video into 1, and Convert File type e.g.AVI to MP4 to WMV etc.

Many Thanks. Cheers!
Yeah I read about it online. I am still on Windows 7 though. Didn't want to switch over

Agent Smith

Yeah, Freemake pissed me off with that crap. So I just moseyed on over to oldversion.com or oldapps.com and found an older copy. Problem solved. Do you use OBS studio or FRAPS? OBS is pretty decent and the file size is a hell of a lot smaller vs FRAPS. You probably should use MP4 for a smaller file size, but when I use MP4, asinine YT tells me I should use a better "streaming capable" codec. I don't know what that means as I always thought MP4 was a streaming capable codec and I can use that on my website embedding MP4 vids using HTML5. Works great and the file size is small.

7 may still have windows movie maker.

Nope. You have to download it. And I had nothing but issues myself getting it installed.

I loved Moviemaker in XP. Was all I needed and used.

Last edited by a moderator:
7 may still have windows movie maker.

Nope according to Google is discontinued.

Yeah, Freemake pissed me off with that crap. So I just moseyed on over to oldversion.com or oldapps.com and found an older copy. Problem solved. Do you use OBS studio or FRAPS? OBS is pretty decent and the file size is a hell of a lot smaller vs FRAPS. You probably should use MP4 for a smaller file size, but when I use MP4, asinine YT tells me I should use a better "streaming capable" codec. I don't know what that means as I always thought MP4 was a streaming capable codec and I can use that on my website embedding MP4 vids using HTML5. Works great and the file size is small.
Dude for real? this honestly crossed my mind I am going to try. Thank you for the links. Will comment after download and trying.

Nope. You have to download it. And I had nothing but issues myself getting it installed.

Nope discontinued by Microsoft according to Google (RIP)

Well well well. It actually worked. I downloaded an older version as suggested on your post and it actually works like the good ole days before the watermark. Thank you very much. Cheers mate!