Response times??

mikelx21

Just a quick question...when it comes to reponse time, how does the ms system work? is lower ms better than higher ms??? (example, would 12ms be better than 25ms when it comes to gaming and general use??)

tomb08uk

12ms (milli seconds) is better than 25ms but their again, i dont think their is much notice in the difference considering how long a second is. And yes more noticeable in gaming than general usage.

computingelite

yeah, well there is a difference between 25ms and 12ms... you'll be more likely seeing ghosting and image blurring in faster paced games at 25 than you would at 12. I have a 16ms response time and it's fine but if you're going for a new TFT there's no excuses for not getting the best ms there is :)

Smurf-you

banned
Well as i design games and play a lot, Dot pitch and response time matters!

I used to have about 30 odd on my old crt which was good at the time (i thought)

Then got a acer 12 ms reponse time, And i could never go back to a 30 odd, just so darn slow of slit second gaming

magicman

VIP Member
Anything under 15ms is great for gaming - dot pitch is almost as important, but not quite. Of course there are other things to consider, such as contrast ratio, brightness etc.

By the way, Smurf-you, what kind of games have you designed?? (Just out of curiosity - I know it's slightly off topic...)

Smurf-you

banned
Off topic post.

Mostly shooters, or racing ones.

I'm trying to get better so i try design as many games as possible, I've got a plan this summer to make version 1, Of one of my games i've been planning (Can't say anything else all secret)

But trying to get better:')

Anyways good luck with monitor and all that

CRT's run smoother for gaming anyways, So if you in to the latest games you'll probably be better of with a CRT for price and for smoothness.