...restart!

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Any ideas why my new system would just restart for no reason? It's done it twice recently, both times I was tinkering with Abit's overclocking software. THe first time, I overclocked it slightly, and it rebooted very soon after. Then tonight, I actually set it to quiet mode(not sure if it underclocked it, but simply slowed the fans down) and about 10 minutes later it restarted.

I've not really had any other problems but those two... Both times the SATA hard drives spun down then kicked back in when the RAID bios poped up.

capt_ka

computer retsart

you can try right clicking on the my computer icon then in the tabs select advanced and there will be three square boxes in that tab - they should say Performance , User Profiles , and , startup and recovery - click settings on the startup and recovery box and a list will come up try un checking automatically restart.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Hmm... I can try that, but I don't think that's it. I mean if I tell it to restart, the harddrives don't spin down...

spacedude89

overclocking my computer usaly doesnt cause it to restart... try opening the abit EQ, and click setup, see what temps its set up to turn off the computer at, mabey one of the settings are messed up.....

Charlie7940

It's possible the system is overheating, especially if you are doing some overclocking. Or you may have a weak power supply. Which PSU are you currently using? I'm just trying to eliminate some possibilities on why it's doing this.

The_Other_One

VIP Member
The power supply better not be a problem... I'm running a Coolermaster Pure Power(450 watt) IT has one of those wattage meters and only shows about 200 watts average.

As for temps... CPU is 44, SYS is 34, and PWM is 41. THis is at standard settings, and pretty much what I normally see.

Voltage wise, if you're wondering, everything is right where it should be. This PS is suppose to be one of the most stable ones avaliable...

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I'm running a Coolermaster Pure Power(450 watt) IT has one of those wattage meters and only shows about 200 watts average.
Yes but 200W spread on what rail? :)

Also wattage isnt as important as line stability. You should consider bumping the Vcore