Restoring Laptop

Originallist

I have a fairly new Dell Inspiron laptop, and I believe I have stumbled across some type of spyware or virus, and Staples already tried to fix it, but after spending all of that money, the laptop still is having random problems. At this point, I would simply like to restore the whole thing as if it was new. I have all of the disks that came with it when it was purchased (such as the operating system and driver and utilities) and I am not worried about what is saved on there, so how do I go about erasing all documents and downloads and clearing system registry and reinstalling everything back to its original purchase????

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! Thank You!:D

sync

What operating system is your laptop running? windows 7/vista? Reinstalling your operating system is pretty straight forward and will erase everything on your laptop as long as all the data is on one partition. Though if you've never done this before it might be daunting at first. There's a ton of guides on the net that will explain step by step what you need to do depending on what operating system you're trying to install.

linkin

VIP Member
It's not too hard. just boot from the install CD and go from there, but backup everything you need first onto a dvd or thumbdrive or something.

Originallist

I restored my laptop without any software or installation discs. Dell offers a factory image reset which was very useful in this situation (which I found through google). Thank You Again!