Retrieving data from Tablet with busted screen?

johnnyb58

I dropped my Android tablet on the floor in the dark and then stepped on it breaking the glass. I can’t use the touch screen at all and I can barely read it. I realized later that I had some notes and photos that I would like to retrieve.

It’s not extremely important and I’m sure I can find some of the stuff again except for the photos, but I would like to try to retrieve the info if it’s possible without spending a lot of money. I was wondering if I could retrieve it by plugging it into my computer without having to use the touchscreen. I just don’t know if I can maneuver through the files on the Android with Win 10 or if that’s even possible.

_Pete_

Try plugging in to your computer via the usb. If I do that with mine it shows up in "This PC" as a removable device and I can access my personal files.

johnnyb58

Try plugging in to your computer via the usb. If I do that with mine it shows up in "This PC" as a removable device and I can access my personal files.
Now that you mention it, that does happen with my phone except I have never checked it out. I only used it to charge. I guess I'll give that a try and see what I can see. Thanks

johnnyb58

Well it lights up showing that it is charging and the android logo appears when I turn it on, but it doesn’t show up in the Win10 File Explorer. I can’t get it to do anything else because the touchscreen does not work at all and then it goes to sleep.

Darren

Staff member
Well it lights up showing that it is charging and the android logo appears when I turn it on, but it doesn’t show up in the Win10 File Explorer. I can’t get it to do anything else because the touchscreen does not work at all and then it goes to sleep.
What tablet is it?

johnnyb58

It’s a ZEKI Android Tablet. I don’t care a whole lot about it, but it was handy to view my security cameras from my bedroom.

I finally got into it after the battery charged up a little, but I had to rotate the tablet around until the button was in a place on the screen where I could push it. I was able to get my photos, but not my notes.