Review this build please

Nak Nak

ebuyer1.jpg

Anything missing? Suggestions?
Thanks in advance.

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
hey

Seems like a nicely balanced setup to me. I like your choice of PSU and GFX card. You could consider a more powerful CPU but it will work great as it is.

JAN :D

ckfordy

banned
Everything looks good although i would downgrade the processor to a X2 3800+ and upgrade the videocard to a 7900GTX cause you can easily overclock the X2 3800+ to 4200+ speeds and probably even a little more.

Nak Nak

I don't know much/anything about overclocking, however, no doubt I could find a guide somewhere.

Would you fellows recommend getting a7900gt 512mb or a 7900gtx 256mb?

m0nk3ys1ms

I don't know much/anything about overclocking, however, no doubt I could find a guide somewhere.

I would go with the 256MB 7900GTX, and I'm just about everyone else would too.

bebopin64

Everything looks good although i would downgrade the processor to a X2 3800+ and upgrade the videocard to a 7900GTX cause you can easily overclock the X2 3800+ to 4200+ speeds and probably even a little more.

Well could overclock the 4200+ to 4600+ speeds then. The logic that you can downgrade and then OC is not very convincing.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy

When did they start making 256mb models of 7900gtx?? Also, there are plenty of guides about OCing, but downgrading just to OC doesn't make much sense.

SirKenin

banned
It all looks smoking to Me. I prefer the ATi over the nVIDIA cards myself, but that is just a personal preference. I prefer the IQ over the raw power gig. To each his own though.

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Well

I would indeed go with a 7900GT with 512MB of ram as long as the speed of the memory is comparable to a normal 7900GT. If so, you could benefit from the extra ram in some games and would have much more than needed in most others.

bball4life

I would indeed go with a 7900GT with 512MB of ram as long as the speed of the memory is comparable to a normal 7900GT. If so, you could benefit from the extra ram in some games and would have much more than needed in most others.

Normally the speeds are faster and the price is quite a bit higher. Where can you even get a 512 MB 7900gt anyway?

SirKenin

banned

To my knowledge there are only two games in existence that require the extra texture memory. One being Doom3, the other Quake 4, based on the same engine. To add to this, you only require the extra texture memory if you want to run the game on it's absolute highest graphics settings.

I wouldn't even worry about a 512MB card myself, but that's just me.

Nak Nak

What's up with the geforce 8 cards? Worth waiting for? Or at least, worth getting a less expensive card and buying later?