Review This Build

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
What is wrong with what I want to do....?
There is nothing wrong with your choice of action, it just seems highly illogical that you would spend extra money on a new desktop when you have a near identical one sitting right next to you...

People are coming to the conclusion you have more money than sense on the grounds of this thread

dragon

g4m3rof1337

I think it would be wasting if I replaced the parts and tried to sell them...
Its pretty much replacing the whole computer...

Would I notice much of a difference from the 8800gts to the 8800gtx super clocked?

Last edited:

JlCollins005

they are saying this cuz ur not stepping up much further than what u have now, maybe ur vid card and ram, so why dont u get a case, ur vid card and ram, and a hdd if u need and save ur money, unless u plan on using both pc's but if u have the 1300 dollars to toss away can u get me a 8800 to :)

Geoff

VIP Member
Wow...

I personally have no desire what so ever to sell my not in use parts...

What is wrong with what I want to do....?

I think it would be wasting if I replaced the parts and tried to sell them...
Its pretty much replacing the whole computer...

Would I notice much of a difference from the 8800gts to the 8800gtx super clocked?
As dave and a few others have said, we think that it's pointless to build an almost identical setup to what you have now. I looked at the prices, and it would only cost around $500 to upgrade the GPU, PSU, and case with an 8800GTS, while in another thread you said it would cost over $1500 for a whole new PC.

And the idea of keeping a PC as an "XP Machine" is just ridiculous, since if you want XP so much why not just dual-boot the new rig?

As many other people noticed, buying another E6400, similar mobo, similar hard drive, etc, isnt even upgrading at all. All you're upgrading performance wise is a better video card and another gig of RAM.

Remember your last thread, "Was it a mistake"? It's one thing having a laptop and a desktop, but having two desktop and a laptop is even worse. And IMO, you will be making a thread saying "Was it a mistake again?" And we will say YES!!

g4m3rof1337

I am going to cut down some stuff...

e6300
DS3
Antec Case
320gb hdd
2gb ram
700wat
8800gts
vista home premium

Total : $1173

I am cutting down, cause I have something else planned for purchase...

PabloTeK

That rig's even closer to your current one! It would be better just to upgrade your current PC and save a lot of money...

Geoff

VIP Member
Lets compare your current build to that of the one you want to buy:

Current Build // New Build
E6300 // E6300
Gigabyte DS3 // Gigabyte DS3
Case // Antec Case
500GB HD // 320GB HD
500W PSU // 700W PSU
7900GS // 8800GTS

That is practically exactly the same as your current build, except you have a smaller hard drive and a better GPU in your new build.

daisymtc

If you have spare money, I suggest you save it and wait until the end of year to see if AMD have new CPU; how is the DDR3 RAM going; how is the ATI R6 GPU going; and see if microsoft improve their vista

daisymtc

By the way, if you really want to buy PC now, I suggest you go to E6600 + 650i/ 680i chipset MB (prepare to SLi some day later). Buy 2 HD to run RAID 0 to show the new PC is really different from the current one.

Geoff

VIP Member
Just to reiterate what your actually doing, your re-buying the same processor and motherboard, which is really stupid...

Schonza

System looks good, and that G.SKILL RAM looks good as well. It should work fine in a DS3, since it's voltage is 1.8v-2.0 and most Gigabyte boards give out 1.8v. It will be fast. Have fun.