Revised! Computer First Build! Help!

Shawnhill07

Ok guys thx for helping me and giving me great info. Here is my new list as i said id post it up once i was done.

https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=8692246&WishListTitle=Home

Any suggestions please share. this build is alot cheaper and maybe just as nice.

Also what was that you guys were saying on using the update disc with vista and making it an actual install? can you update your comp with this(like once installed can you get the new service packs and update windows) are there any restrictions?

Last edited:

Shawnhill07

Hope no post or help is a good thing? These are good components? and would work good together? If you have better ideas let me know? would like it to be cheaper, mainly speen is the main objective for this comp. sims might be played but not alot mainly movies, and virtualpc and vmware, as well as internet surfing, a little school.

daisymtc

MB: G31 is not as good overclock as P43/P45/ P31/P35. Get GIGABYTE GA-EP43-DS3L or GA-P31-S3G

GPU: 8800GS 384MB is $90 after rebate. Also, 3650 GDDR3 512MB starting with $75, MIR $ 15, Not worth to get a 8600GT GDDR2 512MB for $86.

PSU: I suggest OCZ StealthXStream 500W ($60, MIR $15) instead. Although it don't support SLi/ CF, it have higher efficency. And I don't think you will SLi/ CF anyway.

By the way, why some of the item you got 6 number?

Last edited:

Shawnhill07

which ones? I checked it and on my comp it says 1 for each one, and there all listed once? dunno whats going on but thx for the heads up.

is it a good build for money good components? didnt see anything better cheap imo dont wanna go so cheap the products suck to where they might die out, but dont wanna go really expensive. thx

daisymtc

I made my suggestion and personally believe it would slightly better. Whether you want to follow, up to you.