RGB LED Controller

Charl

Hello,

After some research I found the Cooler Master RGB LED Controller. The controller fits my budget and is perfect for what I want to do. I have very little knowledge regarding PC components but I want to use the controller to control LED strips running around my desk. Is it possible to purchase an adapter to connect the controller to an external USB port instead of to a USB Header on the motherboard?

P.S I do not want to open the computer case as this is a company issued, of the shelf computer still under warranty.

Regards

Charl

_Kyle_

I'm curious, why would you want to do this? A more convenient option would be just go to a department store and pick up some adhesive led strips with a controller.

This is probably a more budget friendly option as well, and it saves you from having to screw with the computer.

Last edited:

Darren

Staff member
I'm curious, why would you want to do this? A more convenient option would just to go to a department store and pick up some adhesive led strips with a controller.

This is probably a more budget friendly option as well, and it saves you from having to screw with the computer.
Either open the case and do it or buy a RGB strip with a controller that does what you want.

If your IT department doesn't want you opening the case they probably don't want you jacking with an RGB controller in their system either.