Rig of the month-Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part 1-Submissions
Theme: None

The Rig of the month contest is back, and better than ever.

Sponsored by: balloftech.com
The most epic tech blog, ever.

Rules:
The Rig of the month contest is divided into 3 parts:

Part 1-Submissions|Days of month 1-14
Submit a picture of your rig in the thread. 1 submission per member and the submission can have up to 2 pictures. You can post as many pictures as you like, but only the first two will be posted in voting.

Part 2-Voting|Days of month 15-29
Pictures (the pictures will be resized) of the submitted rigs will be posted, and a poll will be posted in the same thread. If more than 5 submissions are entered, the poll will be multiple choice, up to 2 votes.

Part 3-Winner|Days of month 30+
The winner of the voting round gets the prize and is asked questions.

There are also themes, that the winner of the last month picks. You should follow the theme, for example, if the theme is small, post a small rig, and voters, vote for the best small rig.

The winner of the last month may submit agian, but can not submit the same winning rig. There is no user restrictions. You may not vote for yourself. If you break any of these rules you will be disqualified for that month and the monthly after that. There are prizes provided by balloftech.com .

Prize (provided by balloftech.com): Section 8 Steam Gift

Let the games begin!

Last edited:

Darren

Staff member
You should put the rules in OP. I like this contest actually, as long as it's managed well. I may actually have a chance now that I have some upgrades.

Darren

Staff member
So from what i understand, this competition is based on looks of the rig?

Ehh sorta. That definitely helps, but if you got good specs, or a certain "character" to it that'll help as well. You're not grading it on one thing. Just whether or not you like it.

CrazyMike

Ehh sorta. That definitely helps, but if you got good specs, or a certain "character" to it that'll help as well. You're not grading it on one thing. Just whether or not you like it.

Oh my bad. Just didn't see in the rules that a person had to put their specs it. I love the idea by the way. You should minus out the "you can put as many pictures as you want" though. You should have the contestants be creative with their pictures and limit (like you said) to two pictures. Should also ask to put down their specs.

As well, what about benchmarks? Because the variance of components, one pc might be of the less (cheaper) components, but still have benchmarks out the butt. So how will you rank a pc over specs?

CraxyMike, benchmarks may come, or may not. But the competition is based on the theme of the month, for example the theme might be small, and the person with the smallest coolest rig gets voted on and wins. Okay Denther, but it will make the post longer. This month there is no theme, just what you think is the best rig.

CrazyMike

CraxyMike, benchmarks may come, or may not. But the competition is based on the theme of the month, for example the theme might be small, and the person with the smallest coolest rig gets voted on and wins. Okay Denther, but it will make the post longer. This month there is no theme, just what you think is the best rig.

Love it!... I'll go get my camera

Darren

Staff member
Here's mine. He's named R2-D2 for obvious reasons. :D

1502_2610611079960_22208515_n.jpg

61039_2610611639974_148896857_n.jpg

16813_2610611719976_297378270_n.jpg

383750_2610611879980_1209350388_n.jpg

577865_2610612039984_2122305273_n.jpg

spirit

Staff member
Ah, I see there's no theme, in that case I'd like to submit my rig. :)

tumblr_mg1xqbvW841rr8jsmo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_mg1xqbvW841rr8jsmo2_1280.jpg

More pics here if you're interested, but I saw only two pictures could be used.

wbt50

Until what date are submissions open ?

I have to wait until my Mobo arrives Tuesday before my rig gets back running :D

spirit

Staff member
Going by what Byte said in the rules we have between now and the 14th to submit two photos, and then between the 15th and 29th to vote on which rigs we like the best. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.