RMA MOBO doesnt work?

bcoffee20

Hey there, i recently added another 6gb of dominator ram and found out that one of the dim slots in my mobo didnt work, so i RMA'd it and after putting together the whole system 3 times i cant seem to get it to work! :( The blue led on my mobo showing that it is connected to a power supply is on but it wont do anything else. Nothing happens when i hit the power button on the case or on the mobo. I looked online a bit and many people said it was the psu but i doubt its my psu because it worked a couple weeks ago with no hiccups with the same mobo! Anybody have any ideas?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Are you using the same colored slots? How many sticks of ram total do you have? Have you tried using just 3?

bcoffee20

well all the slots are filled now compared to just the 3 before. i have 6 total. I havent tried just 3 since i didnt think that would affect it since its not even doing anything? ill try it real quick.

edit: Having only three sticks in didnt make a difference

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Try resetting the cmos. Unplug power from the pc, remove the cmos battery from the motherboard, press and hold the power button on the case for 10 seconds. Then wait 5 minutes. Then reinsert battery and reconnect power and try booting up.

wbt50

You seem to have the exact same problem as me. My motherboard is bad and I can't start up. Make sure to test the PSU first though as it could be your PSU.

bcoffee20

I will try removing the cmos battery trick now and update to let you know. Im really hoping its not the Mobo they sent me since i dont want to pay another 15-20 bucks to get another one. And the warranty is under a different persons name since i bought it from him and i dont really want to bother him again after already doing 1 rma.

bcoffee20

yea everything is plugged in... im guessing its either the psu or mobo. Leaning more on the mobo since the psu worked before i RMA'd the mobo.