Root Help.

Grantapus

Oh god...did you really buy one of those Chinese iPhone knockoffs?
no, a friend tried to prank me that he was giving me a real iphone :D:D:D

but i want to use it to its full capacity, so i need to root it.

the truth is, its actually a OK phone, but not something i would ever buy.

its rocking 2 gb of ram, 16 gb of internal storage, octa core media tek cpu clocked at about 1.5 GHz, a IPS 1018 P display at 327 PPI, 10 MP back camera, 5 MP front camera, and surprisingly it has real touch ID which i was not expecting when i found out it was a clone :)

so JUST TELL ME HOW TO ROOT THE DANG THING PLEASE! :p

Well, to root it first you need to cut down a tree, then make sure your goophone is placed directly beneath the trees path, and if you fo it just right the phone will be smashed right in to the ground. Boom. rooted!

In all honesty its best to keep trying root tools until one works

Grantapus

Well, to root it first you need to cut down a tree, then make sure your goophone is placed directly beneath the trees path, and if you fo it just right the phone will be smashed right in to the ground. Boom. rooted!

In all honesty its best to keep trying root tools until one works
so if i install (Flash) SuperSu.zip will it brick it or root it? also how do i install TRWP on this device because when i went to download twrp it said it will work for all SUPPORTED devices. im guessing the goophone i7 is not supported.
so im wondering if trwp is universal to all androids?

Last edited:

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
also how do i install TRWP
I dunno. I've never heard of it. I think you mean TWRP.

when i went to download twrp it said it will work for all SUPPORTED devices. im guessing the goophone i7 is not supported.
Your guess is correct.

so if i install (Flash) SuperSu.zip will it brick it or root it?
Your guess is as good as mine. Like Jester said, just try different utilities and see if one works.

_Glitch

Honestly, the best place to ask is XDA developers forum.

I'll actually not recommend just using whatever tool and see if it works.
If you aren't experienced with rooting, you might end up soft bricking it.
However a cheap phone like that might be worth practicing on.

My logic exactly, if it was a pricy phone (like a real iphone 7) then id say chill on trying and find some help. But he got this phone for free, and its cheap to begin with so he might as well practice. I got an HTC Thunderbolt from goodwill to practice coding for android (i will be flashing the newest version of lolipop on it before i do anything, mind you)

Grantapus

Ya, I'm not THAT experienced with rooting, but I have a expensive tablet that I rooted, and soft bricked at least 4 times in the process. It was a 230$ Nexus 7 2013 addition, so it's a real good tablet. But this phone man, I don't want to hard brick it. But at the same time, I need practice so if I hard brick it, than so be it.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Well you need to unlock your bootloader, flash a recovery of some sort, and then flash SuperSU. So......I dunno. It's an off-brand phone. Look on XDA for others with that phone.

Grantapus

Well you need to unlock your bootloader, flash a recovery of some sort, and then flash SuperSU. So......I dunno. It's an off-brand phone. Look on XDA for others with that phone.
Ha ha. Its really funny because a friend let me hold there iPhone 7 plus, so I did a touch ID speed test between the two (the clone and the real 7 plus), and the clone was at least 2x faster than the plus. So if that does not make a statement to apple, than idk what will.
(Keep in mind I disabled the animations on both before I did it)

Geoff

VIP Member
it has real touch ID which i was not expecting when i found out it was a clone :)
Touch ID is Apple specific hardware and software. What you have is just an ordinary fingerprint scanner.
so JUST TELL ME HOW TO ROOT THE DANG THING PLEASE! :p
The phone needs to have an unlocked bootloader, if it doesn't then you need to find an exploit that allows you to install SuperSU. Without a custom recovery or exploited boot image, you can't root.
so if i install (Flash) SuperSu.zip will it brick it or root it?
You can't flash it unless you have custom recovery available or a modified boot file.
also how do i install TRWP on this device because when i went to download twrp it said it will work for all SUPPORTED devices. im guessing the goophone i7 is not supported.
See above
so im wondering if trwp is universal to all androids?
TWRP is made specifically for every model phone, there's not a "universal" version you can install to any phone.