router help

I have an N Wireless router so I know it transmits 300 Mbps
And I am going to gt an N Wi Fi card for my Netbook so it can receave 300 Mbps

But the Ethernet cable going from my MODEM to my Router what type of Ethernet cable sould I use to make sure that I am getting the full tranfer rate??

I know there is a lot of Ethernet cables out there some for slow and fast speeds
and some cables don't even have that many wires in them so they are for Phone or things likke this.

Please help
 
I use a typical blue ethernet cat-5 cable and when plugged in I get a steady 1.0GBps.

When I'm on wifi--I get 130MBps...I have never got 300MBps as some people claim but I've heard some people something about enabling channel bonding--or something like that to get 300..

No idea on that latter part though.
 
well i'm a gamer (WoW,COD4.etc) so i use a cat-6 and don't get so much lag...cat-5e cable run at 100mhz while cat-6 can do double or if you can get it a cat-6a which is maxed at 500mhz i hear so it depends on what u wanna pay for and are looking for.
 
well i'm a gamer (WoW,COD4.etc) so i use a cat-6 and don't get so much lag...cat-5e cable run at 100mhz while cat-6 can do double or if you can get it a cat-6a which is maxed at 500mhz i hear so it depends on what u wanna pay for and are looking for.
That won't make a difference in gaming, unless you are right on the edge of the maximum length of the cable.
 
Any CAT-5 will do, buying those 'geek squad' gold plated ones don't really help in my experience, may as well go cheap.
 
Back
Top