Router Limiting

Hey everyone, I'm fairly moderate with computers. But I don't know if this is possible so I've come to the forums looking for help. I would like to limit the number of wireless devices that can connect to my router but with a twist. I have 1 wireless device that I would like to connect and my sister has 3. I would like to make it that mine will connect every time basically a reserved place which I know I can do by forcing and holding specific IPs. But I would like to make it so she can only connect with 1 or 2 of hers at a time. Forcing her to not be greedy with the router usage (ie. say there's a phone, xbox, and laptop, only 1 or 2 of those can be connect at the same time, if the 3rd wants to be used then one of the other 2 has to be disconnected). Is this possible? and if so how would I go about doing so?

Darren

Staff member
If you have access to the router settings you should be able to "revoke" a connection from a specific device. As for hard setting it, I have no idea.

Alright, yea I'm the "network admin" for my house since I'm the most computer savvy. This is just above and beyond my knowledge of routers and such. I'm like 90% sure its possible i just have no idea how to do that. And thank you for the suggestion. i don't really want to revoke the access all together just limit her from using everything at once.