Router/Modem problems

NPH

What said your connection was fine? Again, if your modem lights are going in and out then its either a modem or line issue.

Go here and do a speedtest and give us the results along with what speed you are paying for.

www.speedtest.net

PING: 1634 ms
Downloadspeed: 0.08 Mbps (this used to be 280-330 Mbps)
Uploadspeed: 0.14 Mbps

I can't say what speed I'm paying for, sorry. Where can I find that?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Did you pick a server that was close to you? The ping time is outrageous and your download and upload is terrible.

NPH

Did you pick a server that was close to you? The ping time is outrageous and your download and upload is terrible.

Yes I did and I know it's terrible that's why I'm here..

Could it be because of dust in my PC or something like that? maybe something broke or isnt that possible?

Last edited:

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Yes I did and I know it's terrible that's why I'm here..

Could it be because of dust in my PC or something like that? maybe something broke or isnt that possible?

Dust in your PC doesn't cause poor internet performance. It all depends on your modem/router and the connection to the modem.

NPH

Dust in your PC doesn't cause poor internet performance. It all depends on your modem/router and the connection to the modem.

I just checked my seven years old laptop on pingnet.com and he has ONLY 192 ping and my new PC has 1.6k pm !

For example:

On my old laptop i can run youtube vids on 720p (HD) and on my new PC i hardly can run 240p..

What's going on here?!