Rts...

Hass

What RTS games do you guys play?
Not really many ones out there I think that are newish.
C&C 3...
But I HATE superweapons.
Nothing says FU like getting half your base blown up with no strategy involved.
No option to turn them off in there at all.

Supreme Commander is pretty good.

Any others?

linkin

VIP Member
Command & Conquer Red Alert 2 + Yuri's Revenge expansion.

Old games but very very epic. original command and conquer westwood studios style. none of the crap the EA produces today.

Also:

Command & Conquer Generals + Zero Hour expansion (yes, you can turn superweapons off)

bomberboysk

Company of heroes i just bought today, also came with two expansion packs.(THQ complete pack for $49.99) Havent got it installed because im running out of room on this 200gb....seagate should get me my rma'd drives faster.

Archangel

VIP Member
Homeworld (+ Cataclysm and Homeworld 2, tought I find 1 to be the best)
World in Conflict (fun to play with people over LAN)

tlarkin

VIP Member
The Commandos series, is a real time squad base stealth and tactics game. Set during the WWII era. It was a pretty tough game and had unique game play.

The Chad

Command & Conquer Red Alert 2 + Yuri's Revenge expansion.

Old games but very very epic. original command and conquer westwood studios style. none of the crap the EA produces today.

Also:

Command & Conquer Generals + Zero Hour expansion (yes, you can turn superweapons off)

I agree with Linkin,

The C&C games are great, especially the Red Alert series. RA2 is old but its still a great game. Try Red Alert 3 if you looking for a newer game.

Last edited:

linkin

VIP Member
Red Alert 3 made me want to kill some EA developers. they tried to create a new version of red alert 2 and failed miserably.

Or maybe it's just the fanboy kicking in :p

Go ahead and try it. I really didn't like it. the campaigns are boring, the music doesn't live up to Red Alert 2's soundtrack and IMHO they used way too much Tesla stuff... i swear half of the Soviet's arsenal in that game is made up of stuff that will fry humans like chips in hot oil.

The Chad

Red Alert 3 made me want to kill some EA developers. they tried to create a new version of red alert 2 and failed miserably.

Or maybe it's just the fanboy kicking in :p

Go ahead and try it. I really didn't like it. the campaigns are boring, the music doesn't live up to Red Alert 2's soundtrack and IMHO they used way too much Tesla stuff... i swear half of the Soviet's arsenal in that game is made up of stuff that will fry humans like chips in hot oil.

Me being a die-hard fan of the game I could go into details about why you found it not as good :D

First off, it was a different developer so there would be some changes (Good or bad)
and just secondly remember they changed the whole story line. With Einstein being dead (can't recall correctly now) the nuclear bomb didn't come into play, tesla stuff was more powerful now etc etc :p

RA3 has its good and bads but personally I think they could never beat number 2

Aastii

VIP Member
Settlers :) so much fun :D

I also agree with C&C, even though you already mentioned it, but on C&C3, you are right, super weapons are a bitch, the storm thing that scrin (is that right, not played in ages?) get is ridiculous.

tlarkin

VIP Member
Technically EA is a publisher, so they don't develop most of their titles in house, they contract that out to developers. So, you most likely want to kill a developer that had to change the game due to EA saying change it or we won't publish it.

mrjack

VIP Member
Homeworld (+ Cataclysm and Homeworld 2, tought I find 1 to be the best)

+1

The first game was great, had a lot of fun playing it over at my friend's house. That lead me to get Homeworld 2. Homeworld 2 with the Complex mod was a lot of fun. If only I had the time to really get into it again.