Rts?

bm23

Any good RTS to suggest? Im fine with any sub-genre (fantasy, sci fi...etc). Thanks in advance :)

SuperDuperMe

imo Dawn of war 2 (and expansions) follwed by Dawn of war 1 (and add one) are the best RTS game

company of heroes is also a solid choice

i cant speak for the first one as i have oposing fronts but it is very good.

world in conflict is supposed to be extremely solid as well althought i have no exp with it

bm23

imo Dawn of war 2 (and expansions) follwed by Dawn of war 1 (and add one) are the best RTS game

company of heroes is also a solid choice

i cant speak for the first one as i have oposing fronts but it is very good.

world in conflict is supposed to be extremely solid as well althought i have no exp with it

oh, i actually borrowed my friend's DOW2 but somehow it couldnt work on my comp. perhaps I should give it a try again. gameplay video looks good :)

SuperDuperMe

oh it is, im normally a core fps gamer, i havent touched another game since i got into this :p

it is a bit rubbihs to start with but once you get all of your squads, and you can pick who you want it really picks up

my only problem with it is you can oinly do the campaign with the blood ravens, but thats addressed in the stand alone expansion, retribution where you can play 6 different races.

linkin

VIP Member
Command and Conquer 3. Red Alert 3. Starcraft II. All under sci-fi :)

Red Alert 2 if you feel nostalgic, C&C Generals/Zero Hour for your "realistic yet futuristic" fix.

epidemik

Like linkin said, definitely look into starcraft II. It has a pretty huge following and active community. I didn't like red alert 3 as much but it was still decent.

Last edited:

linkin

VIP Member
Like linkin said, definitely look into starcraft II. It has a pretty huge following and active community. I didn't like red alert 3 as much but it was still decent.

I don't like it much myself mainly because half the game is a tutorial and encourages you to play co-op. I don't need noob slowing me down in single player, let alone multiplauer :p

Manakore

Starcraft II is extremely fun. There are so many different game types to keep me interested, and as mentioned before, a great active community (though a good portion of the player base is elitist).

CraigEvander

Starcraft II would be my recommendation if you PC is up to the task. Also the battles on Bnet are pretty fun and there is a big community waiting for players to join.

bm23

Thanks so much for the replies! :) hmm, seems that the genre is slowing down these days. I tried a couple of Starcraft 2 skirmish on my friend's pc. thought it was quite great. not sure if im up to playing on bnet though. I generally suck at non-fps when it comes to multiplayer :D
I have red alert 3 and CC3, i have tons of fun LAN-ing with my bro. RA2 is a classic, dont think i have it anymore though.
is there any historical/fantasy RTS? i've tried AOE3, Rome: Total war and a few more which i cant recall right now

lucasbytegenius

Thanks so much for the replies! :) hmm, seems that the genre is slowing down these days. I tried a couple of Starcraft 2 skirmish on my friend's pc. thought it was quite great. not sure if im up to playing on bnet though. I generally suck at non-fps when it comes to multiplayer :D
I have red alert 3 and CC3, i have tons of fun LAN-ing with my bro. RA2 is a classic, dont think i have it anymore though.
is there any historical/fantasy RTS? i've tried AOE3, Rome: Total war and a few more which i cant recall right now

AOE2 was awesome. I suggest you take a look at it. Age of Mythology was positively EPIC.

Turbo10

starcraft 2 is a very meh RTS there a so many better ones, the best IMO is supreme commander 1 and the expansion forged alliance they are honestly the best RTS games, supreme commander 2 was okay but nothing compared to the original. Yeah command and conquer games are good apart from command and conquer 4 that was terrible. Dawn of war 1 with the expansions and Dawn of war 2 are great games, dawn of war 1 is better imo. Hmm what else oh i know sins of a solar empire if you like space games thats brilliant. Its not a RTS but a turn based but galactic civlizations and the expansions are amazing games thats worth a try even if you dont like turn-based. All i can think of right now :D

SuperDuperMe

i can now recommend chaos rising, it is immense, its shorter than the first but better in every aspect

also warhammer mark of chaos is good, but some people hate it which is reflected in critic scores :p, i however really enjoyed it and it reminded much of shogun 1