Running 2 PSUs?

Tuffie

Uhh why don't you just get one 1000W, or 1200W PSU?

To me dual PSU seems so flipping stupid.

Kent.

Tuffie

With 1600W power supplys out there I just don't see a need for dual.

And I also don't see a need for dual CPU, unless your muti tasking and a half.

Kent.

kof2000

you will need to run two of those fx anyways and they cost as much as the qx6700 and when you can get a q6600 for half the price.

ceewi1

VIP Member
That doesn't appear to be one of the cases that supports dual PSUs natively, so a little modding would be required. Running two PSUs is not, in general, more stable. Be aware that with two PSUs you'll have crossloading and load balancing issues to consider. Overall I'd recommend against it.

That Silverstone unit is built by Enhance, and I believe, although can't be certain, that it's their lowend 1KW model. If you're looking for a modular 1KW PSU, the Ultra X3 1KW or Thermaltake Toughpower 1000W would ge good options.

Brewboy

I want the ultimate computer, the Q6700 is a great processor...for single threaded applications, but that's not what is starting to come out. Plus all 4 cores share the same bus and that becomes a bottleneck when you're running eve in the background as you play with 3ds max and various other apps. The AMD setup does have some latency problems, but is definitely superior in "multitasking" terms.

Brewboy

That doesn't appear to be one of the cases that supports dual PSUs natively, so a little modding would be required. Running two PSUs is not, in general, more stable. Be aware that with two PSUs you'll have crossloading and load balancing issues to consider. Overall I'd recommend against it.

That Silverstone unit is built by Enhance, and I believe, although can't be certain, that it's their lowend 1KW model. If you're looking for a modular 1KW PSU, the Ultra X3 1KW or Thermaltake Toughpower 1000W would ge good options.

Thanks, I'll take a good look at those PSU's. I think You're right about the two PSU modification, I would have to turn one upside down, and even then cooling would be an issue. Thanks again.