Running hot

Stevetama

(Specs in sig) alot of fans in case too

I'm running at 51 degree C, doesn't go up much under load, sometimes jumps between 51 and 52.

I haven't taken off the stock HS/F since I built computer (november). Is there any chance that the thermal paste has dried up or gone bad (never happened on any other builds of mine but...)? I'm not overclocking currently, I did have it up a little bit (2.6) when I noticed it was running hot so I took it back to stock, and got no change in heat.

I am getting this temp on both my Abit Uguru and Speedfan.

So, any opinions, or do you think that this temp is fine and i'm just paranoid?

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
Are you looking at "cpu" temp or "core" temp? You need to be looking at the core temp if your using somthing like speedfan or pc wizard

foxshox

Try taking off the side paneling and see if it helps at all.. My CPU temp dropped 11 degrees Celcius after I just took off the sidepaneling.. But for an e6600, even with stock cooler, that is running pretty hot. Mine idles at ~30 C, granted I have a Big Typhoon, but still. You might want to give a remount a shot, since the stock intel coolers blow at sitting on the mobo properly, I had to remount a few times with my p4(on my first build) to get it at the normal temperatures.

Although it isn't at dangerous levels, I would think about getting like a new heatsink if you have like 30 bucks to spare. A little copper can make a HUGE difference.

wafflez

your not the only one >_>. I'm using core temp on a Q6600 (haven't even oc'd yet), I have the thermalright ultra 120, antec p180b, and the case doesn't feel hot at all, but the 4 cores are at an average 52 52 50 51 celcius...Should I even try overclocking to 3ghz? Or it might be the hot summer here...It's 8:50 PM and 73 degrees Fahrenheit outside.

foxshox

your not the only one >_>. I'm using core temp on a Q6600 (haven't even oc'd yet), I have the thermalright ultra 120, antec p180b, and the case doesn't feel hot at all, but the 4 cores are at an average 52 52 50 51 celcius...Should I even try overclocking to 3ghz? Or it might be the hot summer here...It's 8:50 PM and 73 degrees Fahrenheit outside.
Lol its 11 PM and 82 degrees here with 80+% humidity.. Thats weird that its running that hot, since core 2's are pretty notable on the fact that they run a whole hell of a lot cooler then the p4's.