Running WOW better?

Crazydude185

Alright well a while back i remember someone saying that they got wow to run better by going into the system itself and turning some things off? maybe i was just hallucinating or something but i could of sworn somone was talking about it... I was just wondering if ther were anymore ways to make wow run better then just turning everything on low setting and besides closing down other running programs...? :confused:

Archangel

VIP Member
by going into the system and turn things off, i think they just ment open the taskmanager, and turn some processes off.. if you turn off the wrong one tough, you can chrash the system, and you'll have to reboot it again

Crazydude185

No i meant like going into the registry of the game something like that maybe? My friend said that in the game oblivion you could turn off the grass more so in the games registry to make it run better, can anything like that be done for WOW?

Dropkickmurphys

Crazydude.... the best way is Buy More RAM! and a new Video Card! apart from that all you can do is change the settings/close down programs.
how much RAM do you have?

and yes. WoW is a very Power Hungry Game. no where near as power hungry as oblivion, but the requirements for RAM should really be Minimum 512mb, Reccomended 1024mb+

bumblebee_tuna

Well, you could just go to options and put everything on the lowest settings..... That always works.....

It's weird..... When i first played WoW on my 9600 Pro, the graphics, to me, were amazing even at lower settings.... I wonder what they would look like now with my 1600 Pro....?