Rx480 Blank Solid color crash and buzzing noise

smckelvey13

I recently received a new power color devils red rx480 8gb along with a whole new system. The specs are

• Intel Core i5 6th Gen 6600K (3.50 GHz)
  • 8 GB DDR4
  • MSI B150M Bazooka Motherboard
  • 2 TB SATA III 7200 RPM + 120 GB SSD
  • High Power 600w HPG-600BR-H14S
  • Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
The computer runs very well, except when I try to enter a game. For example Witcher 3, the game loads perfectly fine and I enter into the game. But within 2-3 seconds of being in the game/moving my screen turns a solid color and I get a low buzzing noise in my headphones. It is a new color every time. No shortcuts work and I have to manually reboot system every time. This happens with all the other games I've tried. I tried to set all the settings in Witcher to low and the game worked fine, but still didn't on ultra. The card should be have performance the should run ultra fine, but it doesn't want to. I haven't touched any settings in wattman, etc. I have Crimson 16.12.2 installed. Everything should work fine considering its a new system. Please any help??

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Noise on headphones? Sounds like a grounding issue. Did you use the standoffs between motherboard and case? Try building the pc outside of the case on a piece of cardboard and see what happens.